Installing a Wood Burning Stove in Denver? Your Upgrade Could Qualify for a Credit Voucher
Coloradans eager to replace their aged appliances by installing a wood burning stove that is newer, more efficient, and EPA and Energy Star certified could qualify for some of the $900,000 earmarked by the American Lung Association of Colorado (ALAC) in an effort to remove old, decrepit, smoke belching appliances from use. ALAC is teaming up with select fireplace retailers like Fireplace Warehouse ETC. to help save lives – and the environment – through this much anticipated voucher program. Qualifying participants could get as much as $3000 toward the purchase of a new stove.
Do I qualify for a voucher?
Boulder, Denver, Jefferson, Larimer, and Weld county residents could qualify for up to five types of vouchers – a maximum of one per household – for their primary place of residence to aid in the replacement of ancient heating appliances with a new, EPA Energy Star certified wood, pellet, or gas stove upgrade. With landlord approval, even renters installing a wood burning stove in Colorado Springs could qualify (heating appliances must remain on premises when renter leaves). Business owner? Non-residential buildings such as churches, schools, greenhouses, and more are also eligible.
Heat source replacements covered include older…
- Coal-powered stoves
- Wood burning stoves
- Hydronic heaters
How much could I qualify for?
- $400 Toward an EPA Phase II qualified retrofit device or cleaner-burning natural gas fireplace.
- $750 toward the purchase of an eligible replacement appliance, including EPA-certified wood burning, pellet, and gas stoves.
- $1,000 toward the purchase of an EPA-certified woodstove meeting 2020 Step 2 emission limits.
- $1,500 toward the purchase of an eligible EPA-certified gas or pellet stove.
- $3,000 toward the full replacement and installation of an existing appliance in low-income households.
What do I have to do?
- Fill out a voucher application including a photo of your archaic appliance.
- For income-qualified vouchers, include documentation: Medicaid card, income tax records, or official letter certifying you’re a participant in LEAP, WIC, or Energy Outreach Colorado.
- Submit your application to:
The American Lung Association
5600 Greenwood Plaza Blvd., Suite 100
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
- Wait for your approval, typically received within two weeks of submission.
- Choose a suitable replacement from Fireplace Warehouse ETC 6-weeks prior to voucher expiration.
- Give the voucher to your Fireplace Warehouse sales person for reimbursement.
- Turn-in your non-EPA-certified appliance to us when the replacement arrives.
- Have your replacement stove professionally installed by our installation crew to ensure necessary building, safety codes, and manufacturer installation requirements are met. (Sorry, no D-I-Y installations are permitted in the program.)
Fireplace Warehouse ETC has you covered, from program details, to helping you select your optimal replacement option. Installing a wood burning stove in Denver? Don’t wait. Beat winter’s wrath with the help of Fireplace Warehouse and the ALAC – Contact us today!