When and Why Your Fireplace Needs Maintenance
Many homeowners don’t give much thought to their fireplaces once they are installed, or if they move into a home with an existing fireplace. If it works and can provide ambient light and warmth on a cold evening, that’s all that matters. Without proper fireplace maintenance, however, your fireplace will endure wear and tear that can prevent it from working correctly and properly, which can spoil the relaxing evenings you have planned. Regular, annual fireplace maintenance ensures a long service life as well as promotes better safety and a cleaner, newer look. If you use your fireplace often – especially throughout the colder months – it can become worn down or damaged due to the frigid temperatures of our Colorado winters.
Fireplace Warehouse ETC wants to help you protect your investment and ensure that you get a lot of use out of your fireplace, which is why we provide a full suite of annual fireplace maintenance services to keep your unit performing at the best of its ability.
Our Fireplace Maintenance Services
Whether you have a gas or wood-burning fireplace or insert, our maintenance services are designed to prolong the life of your hearth, help it run more efficiently, and ensure that it remains safe to operate. These services should be performed annually, and include:
- Multi-point diagnostic checklist. We complete a comprehensive check of your fireplace components to determine the cause of any known issues so that we can provide fireplace maintenance and repair options to suit those needs.
- Gas/CO/seal-leak testing. Gas leaks can be extremely dangerous. We’ll check your gas and carbon monoxide seals to ensure that CO isn’t spreading around your home. CO is a silent killer, and it’s essential to ensure no leaks are present.
- High-altitude adjustment. The higher your elevation, the less oxygen there is to keep your fireplace functioning. We’ll check the high-altitude settings to confirm that any adjustments made during installation are still accurate for safe operation.
- Vent and ignition system check-ups. Venting is crucial to ensure that you don’t pollute your home with any smoke or gas. During your fireplace maintenance, we’ll complete check-ups on your ignition system to ensure that it starts up and vents correctly.
- Detailed cleaning. Soot, stains, pet hair, and foggy glass can ruin your fireplace experience and even create a dusty odor. We’ll vacuum and clean your fireplace so that it can perform without interference from foreign debris and showcase its dancing flames.
- Log placement. Sometimes your ceramic logs can shift or become unsettled. While performing fireplace maintenance on your unit we’ll ensure that logs are placed correctly and can replace logs if they become damaged or worn.
- Settings for proper combustion ratio. Ensuring that the correct amount of air is paired with the correct amount of gas is essential to safe fireplace operation. We’ll test your fireplace to make sure that the factory ratio is being maintained and correct if necessary.
- Chimney inspection. Your chimney vents out heat and any unburned gas to keep your home safe, and it’s important that it isn’t compromised in any way. Blockages, bird nests, and other debris will be removed, and we’ll ensure that there are no moisture issues.
- Test burn. After we complete your fireplace maintenance and perform any required repairs we’ll complete a test burn to ensure that everything is functioning correctly. This will ensure that your fireplace is ready to go when you are.
Schedule Your Annual Fireplace Maintenance With Fireplace Warehouse ETC
For many years, Fireplace Warehouse ETC has been the number one choice for homeowners seeking efficient, high-quality fireplaces to enjoy with their families and friends. We have three large showrooms in Denver, Colorado Springs, and Fort Collins where you can choose from our vast selection of fireplaces to find the perfect fit for your home, and our knowledgeable team will be ready to offer advice and recommendations to help you decide. Once you have your new fireplace, we’ll continue to support you over the years with comprehensive fireplace maintenance so that you can enjoy your fireplace with peace of mind. Come and see us in-store to view samples or contact us to book your fireplace maintenance service today.